Friday, August 8, 2014

Dangerous Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Goodreads Link to Dangerous Creatures (Where I nabbed this cover photo from!)

Dangerous Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl is a new series within the Beautiful Creatures universe. Right away we start off in Gatlin county again, but quickly move away to New York City. The big unknown. Link (Westley Lincoln) thinks that he's leaving his girlfriend and friends behind to go and try to make something of himself as a musician, but he doesn't know that Ridley Duchannes has some tricks up her sleeve that he is going to have to pay for. It all starts when she surprises him by joining him on the trip and already knows of a band in need of a drummer. A Caster band. A band that needs a drummer because Ridley beat the other one in a gamble, but then lost and needs to pay up. Providing a drummer isn't the only thing she owes though, so will she be able to come out on top? It makes it even harder when Link asks her to never use her Siren magic on him... what is Ridley when she isn't a Siren? Is there more to her than her abilities? Pick up this book and you'll find out! ;)

(I'm partially mysterious because I haven't gotten very far yet, but also because I hate to give out many details in a review! I love the voices of the characters and how strong they are in the Beautiful Creatures series, and although I've had to push myself through a few parts in this one, I believe that is on my end and no fault of the authors. I've gotten out of the habit of reading for fun! It's tragic!)


Books I'm hoping to read soon:
I'll try to make sure I do posts about these!!! (Well, not Morganville because I try to just write about the first one or two books in a series and that is #10... plus I've already reviewed them. I did meet Rachel Caine again last week though at OSFESt in Omaha, Nebraska! She read new material from a book coming out in 2015 and was there both promoting her Morganville web series and her Prince of Shadows book!)


Follow me on Facebook and Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment